Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bliss Picnic Quilt


















When I found Bliss by Bonnie and Camille, I immediately fell in love.  How couldn't you?  This fabric is gorgeous and so soft.  I had to buy it!  I purchased 13 fat quarters, a few extra "stash" fabrics, 2 yards for the backing and polka dot for the binding. (*Note: I purchased this fabric at least 15 months ago!)  I had most of it done last March or April.  And then it sat there.  And then we moved.  4 times.  My mother helped me finish the binding (thanks Mom!).  And now the quilt can finally go the baby it was intended for. 

Notice the little pockets on the corners--perfect for a few rocks to keep the corners from being blown up by the wind!  (Not my original idea, I'm not sure where I saw it.)  Every quilt intended to be picnic-ed on should have these pockets!

The other part of this quilt that I love is the backing.  It is so pretty to look at and I will be sad to finally mail this quilt this week.

No comments: